Self Development Reviews


Sunday, December 9

No I Can Not Forgive Them

As you may know, I do healing work with individuals. One of the most difficult issues to come across when in a session is forgiveness. The person I am working with tells me about something in their past that happened to them that was horrific. As they tell me, I ask them, "Can you forgive the person who did this to you?" And when they, who came to me for healing, answer usually with tears rolling from their eyes, "No, I can not forgive them!" That is one of the most powerful moments, that they let slip right by them. I always hope for and do get different answers, such as, "It will be difficult, but I will try." Or "Yes, I am ready to forgive them." With the last two answers, the healing session proceeds, and the healing energy continues.


I have asked myself, why does someone who is looking for healing, hold on to such powerful anger? I have come to a few conclusions from my observations. One, the pain they hold, they choose to hold. The pain defines them. When they think of the situation, they seem to be unable to stay in the now moment where they are safe. Their mind takes them right back to the horror as if it is happening right at that moment. So they relive again, again and again. It is helpful to take my client through exercises that help their mind come into the now moment. Now, right now, everything is perfect. Now, right now, everything is beautiful. When you think of the future there is worry, when you think of the past there is anger and regret. Stay in the now, as no one is traumatizing you right now.


Another reason to hang on to the anger is to continue to play the victim role. BLAME!!! Blame is such a low frequency to allow yourself to reside in. Those who play the victim role are difficult to be around and do not realize how they hurt themselves with this point of view. Things happen, people are mean, rude, and cruel. They often do things for no reason other than they can to feel as though they have power. To allow yourself to still be victimized by their actions is allowing them to continue to have power over you.


We all incarnate here with different lessons to learn. This is to evolve our soul. To learn, to grow to expand who and what we are. If you have done something to harm another, forgive yourself. Work on mot being that person anymore. If someone has harmed you, no matter what they did, forgive them. It will empower you, it will free you. Best of all, that will be a lesson learned as the universe has a way of repeating these lessons until you learn them.


B Kimberli Ridgeway, D.N.H. I use gem essences in my healing work. They help to release the blockages that we no longer need to carry. Feel free to order some for yourself at ghoulbgone.com. Providing quality counselling articles, hynotherapy writings and other mind help resources online.

No comments:

Post a Comment