Self Development Reviews


Wednesday, January 2

Path To Defeating Guillain Barre Syndrome

Being diagnosed with Guillain Barre Syndrome found me reacting neither negatively or positively. I didn't know what Guillain Barre Syndrome was. Simple as that. As soon as I knew what it was, then it was a matter of re-focusing my life. This required mental strength.

I knew deep down I really had to defeat what I had. I had to beat it not only physically, but mentally too. I had to beat it in my mind, with my mind. I had to stay right on top of it. How did I do that? I began a lot of positive healing affirmations. I began to have great support from wonderful friends and from different literature that I started to read or was given by caring people. Tapes on healing were given to me to listen to. I was to discover deep within me, resources of strength and coping abilities I never knew I possessed.

I didn't really have to try to keep my sense of humour. I was laughing at myself so much at what was happening to me. I could feel people touch me on the foot, the leg, the arm or hand but I couldn't get those parts to do what I wanted them to do.

I had this determination and belief that I was going to beat this affliction, this syndrome, this disease, this illness. Call it what you want but I was going to stop it getting worse. I had the doctor tell me the worst of Guillain Barre Syndrome and the best. Death to total recovery. I chose the latter. It was from then that I had this faith in myself, in my inner strength, that total recovery was the way to go.

I had the nurses place me into a wheelchair, wheel me outside onto the hospital balcony where I said my many healing affirmations out aloud... everyday! I said them to the world, believed them, visualized them. I visualized everything that was happening inside my body. I visualized the nerves rebuilding, the myelin growing back, the messages passing from my brain to my feet and vice versa. I took my time. I had nowhere else to go. I was unable to go anywhere.

The support of my family and friends was enormous. I was totally buoyant with them all.

Persisting with the healing affirmations, listening to healing tapes, doing my meditations, carrying out the physio exercises in the hydro pool with the therapists and keeping my sense of humour, having fun with the nurses, lots of laughs, all contributed to the recovery and ultimate defeat of Guillain Barre Syndrome.

For more detailed information on how the author contributed to his recovery, click here

"Thank you so much for writing Let Your Spirit Run Free. It was able to provide the support and understanding to my mother that we as a family were unable to. Your book has been an integral part of her recovery. It has made a huge impact on her and our minds. The doubts, the insecurities and the many unanswered questions were answered. Your book is very important." Alison Kay - Tasmania


Providing useful self development and improvement articles, hynotherapy and counselling writings and other mind help resources online.

No comments:

Post a Comment